Monday, December 7, 2009

What's Left of the '67 C10?


When I got home with my prize i thought about painting the truck first because I had this dream of driving it to a truck show that summer-all the way in Kentucky. I found a local bodyshop willing to spray a flat black paintjob on the C10 and the owner said I could save a few bucks if I took the truck apart myself. So I did. In his parking lot. He wasn't too stoked to see me ripping the rotten bed wood out with my bare hands and tossing it into his bushes. I picked the wood up when I was done. He also didn't see the humor in me using a Sawzall to cut out the stripped carriage bolts from the bed floor. I don't know why he wasn't laughing because I had a good time and his dumpster surely enjoyed the meal of metal, wood, upholstery, rear bumper and ugly trim that I fed it.
After a few weeks of waiting around for his shop to work on the truck I took it what was left of it back to the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment