Monday, December 7, 2009

Starting Over




I didn't intend to build an over-the-top truck. Really, I didn't. But, stuffing a pair of 22-inch wheels inside naked bed of the '67 got me thinking. Then, a few too many cold ones and some cohersion from my friend Mike Kim was all it took to persuade me to build a new chassis and suspension for the '67. It gets worse: not only were we doing a new chassis, but we decided to complicate matters with an independent rear suspension system that yielded over a foot of travel and would stand up to a 500 horsepower LS2 powerplant.




I'd always wanted a C10 that handled like a racecar and that rolled low enough to make ants duck. An air suspension was that natural solution to steep driveways, potholes, and cops with bad attitudes.










No comments:

Post a Comment